Terms of Reference
The ToR for the 2011-2015 working period
- Theoretical deepening and broadening of the issue of Cartographic Heritage
- Development of methodologies and standards applied on proper two- and three- dimensional digitization of Cartographic Heritage objects, materials and documents
- Study and implementation of analytical tools applied on the comparative research concerning the geometric and thematic content of old maps
- Digital map libraries and map collections: Archiving, matching, management, networking and accessibility in-situ and in the web
- Modern information technologies and interactivity in attracting the general public to Cartographic heritage: Implementations in Museology and virtual map exhibitions.
Principal concern of the Commission is the attraction of young researchers who are interested in cartographic and map heritage and are familiar with digital technologies or are willing to try such technologies.
The Commission will also exploit the grounds for cooperation with map libraries, map archives, map collections, map curators and map collectors wishing to experiment and implement new digital technologies.
The cooperation with enterprises dealing with digital image capturing, processing and visualization technology is also strongly encouraged.